Privacy Statement USA
IMPORTANT: Please do not submit your information if you do not consent to the treatment of your personal information in the ways described in this notice.
By providing personally identifiable information (‘PII’), submitting an inquiry, registering interest for employment or submitting an application with the Flight Centre Travel Group group of companies ('Flight Centre’), you will supply Flight Centre with PII, including application data, job history and contact details, ('your information'). Please note that, once entered, PII will be recorded by Flight Centre and may be used by Flight Centre for the purposes set out below.
Collection of PII
The categories of PII we may collect and process (but only to the extent and in a manner that is consistent with applicable law) are as follows:
- Personal identifiers and demographics. Flight Centre collects personal identifiers (such as your name, contact information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and demographic information (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers should only be collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining background checks).
- Job preference information. Flight Centre will receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job to which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. Flight Centre collects professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV and a list of skills) and education information (such as certifications, license, academic transcripts, and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution).
- Protected class information. Flight Centre may receive protected class information from you as defined by applicable law (such as race, citizenship, and right to work information).
- Comments. Flight Centre receives any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission, Flight Centre may receive information contained in background check reports and in public government records (such as work history, credit history, records, and court records).
- Signature Data. Flight Centre collects your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to Flight Centre. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
In addition, we and our service vendor, PageUp, may automatically collect other categories of personal information when you use a Flight Centre website to submit your application to us. We use this information to provide and improve our website and job application processes, for anti-fraud purposes, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain job postings. These additional categories may consist of:
- Online identifiers. We may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use our careers website.
- Website activity information. We may monitor and collect career website activity information, such as website clicks, content and page views, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
You are not required by law to submit your information, but Flight Centre may not be able to accept or process your enquiry or application for employment if the requested information is not supplied. You may request access to your PII (and the correction of any incorrect PII) at any time by contacting us using the details specified below.
Use of PII
Once submitted, Flight Centre may use your information for the following purposes:
- to process your inquiry or application for employment in accordance with Flight Centre’s standard administrative practices;
- to review and assess your application for employment in accordance with Flight Centre’s recruitment policies and procedures (including conducting, where relevant, background and reference checks and interviews);
- to communicate with you in relation to your application or inquiry;
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and
If your application is successful, your information will form part of your employment records and will be retained by Flight Centre accordingly. We will handle such information and records in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. If your application is unsuccessful, Flight Centre may retain your information on file and may contact you if a suitable employment opportunity arises. Please contact us if you do not wish your information to be retained on file.
Disclosures of PII
You acknowledge and agree that, in carrying out the above activities, your PII may be processed by any of Flight Centre’s affiliates, related entities, agents, contractors and service providers worldwide and may be transferred to jurisdictions that may or may not have data protection laws, or which have data protection laws that do not provide equivalent protection to those of your home country. In particular, you acknowledge and agree that PII will be received by PageUp on our behalf in addition to Flight Centre, and may be transferred by PageUp on our behalf to Australia for the purposes of processing your inquiry or application. Please do not submit your PII if you do not want your information to be dealt with in the ways described in this notice.
Access to and correction of PII
You are entitled to access any PII we may hold about you in accordance with applicable laws. Where PII we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date or the information is irrelevant or misleading, you may ask us to correct that PII, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access or correction to PII before complying with such a request. We reserve the right to deny you access where the legitimate rights of other persons would be violated, where the burden or expense of providing you access would be disproportionate to the risks to another individual’s privacy, or for any other reason permitted under applicable law. If we deny access or correction, we will provide you with written reasons for such denial unless it is unreasonable to do so and, where required by applicable laws, will note your request and the denial of same in our records. If you wish to access or seek correction of any PII we hold about you, please refer to the “Contact” section below.
You must always provide accurate information and you agree to update it whenever necessary. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we can assume that the information submitted to us is correct, unless we subsequently become aware that it is not correct.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you have read and understand this Privacy Statement and consent to the collection, handling, use and disclosure of your information as set out in this Privacy Statement;
- this Privacy Statement is not terms of any employment contract;
- all the information you submit via this site (including this form and any attached resume) is true and complete; and
- any false or misleading information that you provide may lead to the rejection of your application, review of any employment you may accept with Flight Centre, and potentially dismissal from such employment.
If you are applying for a job with Student Universe, please direct your enquiries, comments, or complaints related to privacy to:
130 Turner Street
Waltham, MA 02453
If you are applying for a job with any other Flight Centre company, please direct your enquiries, comments, or complaints related to privacy to:
Flight Centre Travel Group - The Americas
Address: 5 Paragon Drive, Suite 200, Montvale, NJ 07645
We will respond to any enquiries, comments, or complaints received as soon as practicable.
Privacy Statement - Canada
Welcome to Flight Centre Travel Group (Canada) Inc. dba Flight Centre (“Flight Centre”) recruitment! Flight Centre is committed to protecting your personal information
You understand that your PI will be hosted, managed, stored and accessed on and through various secure Flight Centre and/or third party servers. You also understand that Flight Centre will safeguard the security and confidentiality of your PI and your PI will be retained for as long as is required by law and to fulfill the purpose described above, after which time it will be destroyed or deleted. You understand that, subject to restrictions imposed by law, you may withdraw your consent at any time by providing written notice to Flight Centre’s Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your PI, you grant Flight Centre the right to retain, store and use your personal information for recruitment and selection purposes.