By using this website and/or providing information to us by the methods set out below, you accept and agree to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described in this policy.
2. What is personal information?
The term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is the information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
For recruitment purposes, personal information also includes information that you provide us through our online job application portal or via an authorised third-party acting on your behalf. This might include but is not limited to information contained in your resume; academic records and transcripts; skills, experience and career preferences; legal work entitlement documents including visas; and information relating to your criminal history.
4. What personal information do we collect and hold?
We will only collect personal information which is relevant for the purpose for which it is sought and will not intrude to an unreasonable extent upon your personal affairs.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- basic personal information such as your name, profession, occupation or job title;
- contact information such as your mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number;
- demographic information such as your street address;
- client information such as details of the products or services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- candidate information provided by you or provided by an authorised third-party agency acting on your behalf, such as your resume; academic records and transcripts; skills, experience and career preferences; legal work entitlement documents including visas; information relating to your criminal history; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
5. How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you, except where you have consented to us collecting the personal information from a third party or the law permits us to do so or if it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website or internal IT systems;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you complete an application or purchase order or enter into a contract for services with us;
- when you complete a job application; or
- orally, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail and through other methods of communication.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
We are reliant on you to ensure that the personal information you supply to us is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
We may also log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information.
7. For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service.
The purposes for which we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to:
- administering our relationship with you, including providing you with our products and services, sending communications requested by you, and obtaining payment for our products and services;
- assessing and/or canvassing suitability for current and/or potential job vacancies;
- answering enquiries and providing information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- assessing the performance of our website and to improve its operation for you and your device;
- conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- business development including marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
- updating our records and to keep your contact details up to date;
- processing and responding to any complaint made by you; and
- complying with any law or in co-operation with any governmental authority or agency of any country.
8. Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Coffey is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetra Tech Inc. As such any personal data that we collect, or you provide to us may be shared with and processed by any of our related bodies corporate within the Tetra Tech group of companies globally. Please click here for a full list of Tetra Tech’s entities and locations.
This does not diminish your rights and we take reasonable steps to ensure that this process is secure and the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
If we merge, combine or divest a part of our business, we may also pass on your details to our new colleagues and the manager of any entity through which they operate unless prohibited. By communicating your personal information to us, you agree that you do not object to any such transfer, processing or storage.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, processing job applications, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors and professional advisors such as our insurers, accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; and
- any other individual or organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
9. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
In addition to our related bodies corporate within the Tetra Tech group of companies globally, we may disclose your personal information outside of Australia to our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in the Philippines.
10. Direct marketing materials
Occasionally, we may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). We only do this when you consent to being contacted in this way. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical do to so.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. You can do this by either contacting us on the details below, or by using opt-out facilities provided in the communication. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing.
11. Storage and security of personal information
We may hold your personal information in either written or electronic form on our servers and computers or physically.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Personal information is destroyed, de-identified or archived when no longer required.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. This policy does not apply to, and Coffey makes no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third-party websites. If you follow a link to any third-party website or platform, such as through a third party recruitment platform provider, they will have their own privacy policies and you will need to check these policies before you submit any personal data to any third-party website.
12. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You are entitled to request access to all personal information you have given us by contacting us (see details below). You may make any changes you deem appropriate, including the removal of personal information that you do not want us to retain.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for making the request or for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
13. How can you complain about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate it, and aim to ensure that we contact you and resolve the complaint within a reasonable time frame (or at least within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
14. Contacting us
Tetra Tech Coffey International Limited
Address: Level 19, Tower B, Citadel Towers 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood NSW 2067
Tel: (02) 9406 1000
15. Changes to Policy