Alinta Energy Privacy Statement - Recruitment
Personal information we collect and hold
We primarily collect and hold personal information about you to enable us to assess your initial application for employment with Alinta Energy as well as future employment opportunities with us. If you are successful in your application, we also use your personal information to onboard you and manage your employment with us.
The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold includes:
- date of birth;
- telephone and/or mobile number;
- email address;
- residency / visa status information;
- passport, birth certificate or other identity documents;
- employment history and qualification information; and
- employment status.
If you are offered a position, we may also collect details such as your tax file number, bank account number, superannuation and union membership details.
We may also collect and hold information that you provide to us about other individuals (e.g. name, contact details and email address of referees and emergency contact details). We rely on you to inform those individuals that their personal information is being provided to us and they may contact us for further information.
As part of our recruitment process, we may also collect personal information as a result of carrying out one or more of the following pre-employment screening checks:
- confirmation of education and / or previous employment;
- reference checks;
- medical checks;
- financial probity;
- professional / trade association memberships;
- company checks; and
- in limited circumstances depending on the position applied for, Department Foreign Affairs and Trade anti-terrorism checks.
By participating in our recruitment process, you agree to Alinta Energy conducting some or all of these pre-employment screening checks.
Without your personal information, we may not be able to progress considering your application for employment with us.
Under the Privacy Act, "sensitive information" includes but is not limited to information or an opinion about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or criminal record and also includes health information about an individual. We may collect and hold sensitive information about you that you disclose in the course of the application process (e.g. medical records and health information, psychological testing results, and details of any claim(s) for workers' compensation made by you) or that we obtain from a criminal record check or medical check. We will seek your consent before conducting any criminal record or health checks.
Alinta Energy's online recruitment service is managed by a third party, "PageUp". If you submit an online application, your personal information will be stored on the "PageUp" database and may be accessed by PageUp.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from you when you express an interest in a position available at Alinta Energy or sign up to receive alerts about positions that may be available in the future.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as LinkedIn, recruitment agencies, your previous employers, other individuals who have referred you for a position at Alinta Energy, screening check providers, or others who may be able to provide information to assist us with our decision.
How we use personal information
Your personal information is used for our recruitment process and activities, including:
- to assess your suitability for the position you apply for (and future positions);
- to build a talent pool of prospective candidates for future job opportunities at Alinta Energy based on profile matches;
- to consider and contact you in relation to future employment opportunities;
- to conduct pre-screening employment checks;
- to prepare an offer letter or contract of employment if your application is successful; and
- to conduct surveys.
By registering a profile on our recruitment database, you are opting in to receive email notifications of employment positions that we consider match the personal preferences you selected. You can tell us if you do not want to receive such information by contacting us on Alinta.Recruitment@alintaenergy.com.au.
Who we disclose personal information to
We may disclose your information to third parties that assist us in the recruitment process. We take reasonable measures to ensure that the organisations we disclose personal information to are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to using and managing your personal information. Third parties that we may disclose your personal information to include:
- recruitment agencies;
- screening check providers;
- health service providers;
- academic institutions;
- law enforcement agencies;
- professional and trade associations;
- referees and your current and previous employers;
- Alinta Energy's related bodies corporate; and
- in limited circumstances, typically in relation to Executive level roles only, our private equity investors.
Cross border disclosure of personal information
How we hold and keep secure your personal information
Access to and correction of your personal information
At any time, you may access your account to update your details. You can also contact us to request access to or correction of the personal information that we hold about you. You can do so by contacting your Alinta Energy representative on 02 9372 2600 or by emailing us at Alinta.Recruitment@alintaenergy.com.au.
It is your responsibility to keep your login and password details private to prevent unauthorised access.
© 2020 Alinta Energy.
Powered By PageUp People