La Trobe University respects the privacy of your personal information by adhering to privacy laws.
- The University is bound by the provisions of the Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000, which sets down privacy standards called Information Privacy Principles (IPP's). The Principles state how public sector organisations covered by the Act should collect, use, store, disclose and give access to personal information. All details provided by candidates during the recruitment selection process will be used for the sole purpose of assessing each candidate's suitability for employment at La Trobe University. Any other type of use and disclosure will require your consent, or be in accordance with prescribed exemptions under privacy laws.
- This website is hosted by Page Up People. Your personal information will be held by Page Up People on behalf of La Trobe University for the purpose of the position you are considering and when future positions become available, normally for a period of up to twelve months.
- Page Up People must meet stringent privacy obligations in relation to access, storage and handling of personal and private information.
- You may access your account at any time to update your profile and resume and create new applications. Should you wish to deactivate your account please call the recruitment team at LaTrobe University on 9479 1365.
- Please ensure that you keep your login and password private to prevent unauthorised access.
Our selection process may require us to undergo thorough background checks which may include some or all of the following based on the information you provide:
- Verification of Employment History
- Reference Checks
- Academic Qualifications check
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Verifications of memberships
- Working with Children Check
- Police Checks
Information obtained from the above sources will remain confidential and only disclosed to La Trobe University staff who are involved in the selection process. Comments by your nominated referees are confidential unless the referee authorises the release of that information.
La Trobe University collects information in accordance with privacy policies and legislation for more information please refer to Privacy at La Trobe.
The Latrobe University Policy can be accessed at: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/statements/privacy/privacy-collection-notice-for-employees
La Trobe University will retain your details on our database for consideration should another suitable vacancy arise. However should you no longer wish for your details to be held, please notify our HR Assist team accordingly on (+61) 3 9479 1234.