Recruitment Privacy Statement
RMIT values privacy and is committed to handling personal information of individuals who apply for work in accordance with the RMIT Privacy and Information Management Policy and relevant legislation.
If you have any objections to this Privacy Statement, you should not access or use our website, send your resume or any other personal information through this service.
This website is hosted by PageUp, a contracted service provider of RMIT, and some of your personal information may be stored on the PageUp database. Privacy and data security assurance is required by RMIT as part of the contracting process.
Personal information that we collect about you
We collect and process personal information for a number of purposes, including but not limited to, assessing and processing applications for employment, employment selection, and future job opportunities at RMIT.
The information we collect includes:
- Your name, address and contact details such as email address and telephone number
- Details of your qualification, employment history, experiences
- Your current remuneration expectation including benefit entitlements
- Health or medical information whether you have a disability in which we need to make any necessary adjustment during the recruitment process and employment
- Work entitlement in Australia including any visa you hold
- Information on any clearances required, such as, a Work with Children Check or Police Check.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purpose of being considered for employment at RMIT University. Information collected about you will be managed securely, only be used in relation to this purpose and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent, except as provided in this statement or otherwise required by law.
Personal Information will be handled as follows:
- You may access, update or correct your personal information while it remains on this website via log in. Where practical, the information will only be held for as long as required including, for example, to meet legal requirements or our needs.
- During the period your information is held, your information may be shared with other teams that are seeking to fill positions. You may be a suitable candidate for a position for which you have not applied. In this case, you will be advised by email or telephone and asked if you consent to being considered for another position. You will be forwarded information about that position or advised how to locate it on the web.
- Should you be shortlisted or selected for certain positions, you may be asked to give consent to a Police Check and/or agree to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- When considering candidates for a position, RMIT may verify details of past results and/or qualifications you hold from other educational institutions and professional bodies.
- When contacting your nominated referees. Comments by your nominated referees are confidential unless the referee authorises the release of that information.
- Should you be appointed to a position at RMIT, your information will be transferred to staff employment records and managed in accordance with RMIT policies and procedures. RMIT is required under law to collect and report details, such as, your Tax File Number to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Your information will be used, stored and disclosed to/by those involved in recruitment, hiring and background screening activities and those managing or facilitating with this process, including contracted service providers to RMIT, and such service providers will only do so for the purpose of providing such services to RMIT and not for any other purpose.
- De-identified information may be used for RMIT planning and improvement processes.
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you.
- RMIT is a data controller and processor, and PageUp is a data processor for the purposes of the GDPR. By consenting to this Recruitment Privacy Statement, RMIT can process your personal data.
- You may withdraw all or part of your consent to the use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement at any time by contacting email@example.com at RMIT .
- If your application is unsuccessful and/or do not wish to be considered for future positions as described above, you can submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your information. Permanent deletion of your personal data is subject to the Public Record Office Victoria standards. For further information on how we handle personal information, please refer to the RMIT Privacy Statement.
By continuing with the application process, you agree to the following:
- The information I have provided in my application is current and accurate.
- I understand and accept the conditions in this recruitment privacy statement.