OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Cochlear Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us", "Cochlear" and "Cochlear Group") are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
By accessing or using our websites, or by providing your personal information to Cochlear, you:
(b) consent and agree to such collection and processing.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES COCHLEAR COLLECT?
The information we collect from you may include:
· your name
· your address
· your date of birth
· your gender
· your e-mail address
· your phone number(s)
· your fax number
· your credit/debit card information (if you choose to transact with us)
· health information relating to you
· details of your audiologist or other relevant healthcare professional(s)
· your implantation details and history
· your preferences and interests
It may also include:
· information regarding where you heard about the Cochlear Group
· any specific products or services you want to learn about
· product information (such as model and usage of implant, sound processor, remote assistant, software and accessories) in relation to products that you use or have used
· your usage data and MAPping data, including data relating to the program settings used by your audiologist to customise your CochlearTM device
· product performance, service and reliability data
· photographs/images (where authorised by you)
· information you provide in "free text" fields
· for job applications - any personal information and documents that you provide as evidence of your skills, qualifications, training, work history, identity and legal right to work. You may also be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment
If you are a healthcare professional, we may also collect personal information about you including:
· your medical specialty
· your clinical interests
· your clinic(s)
· your purchase of CochlearTM products
· information about your surgeries relating to CochlearTM products
· your preferred language
· any other information (such as payment information) that is necessary for you to transact with the Cochlear Group
HOW DOES COCHLEAR USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
· to provide the products, information and services you request
· to contact you with offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you. You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive any such information, by opting out of electronic communications via the links provided at the bottom of the electronic communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· to comply with any regulatory requirements, such as maintaining a record of medical queries, complaints, adverse events and recalls relating to our products and to contact you to satisfy any legal or regulatory obligation
· to test and develop upgrades and improvements to our products and services as well as develop new products, services and events
· to improve our marketing and promotional efforts and conduct marketing analytics
· to support and improve the use of the device (e.g. to enable fitting, activation, maintenance, management and medical liaison regarding the device) and any other Cochlear's products and services, including any CochlearTM product user's warranty rights
· to inform and manage the maintenance of Cochlear products and services
· to maintain a distribution record and device history record of Cochlear products
· to collect and analyse product performance, service and reliability data
· to create a profile from the interactions we have with you to help us understand what information you might be interested in receiving
· to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us
· deal with any related queries or requests
· to provide you with a personalised experience when you interface with Cochlear
· to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our websites
· to improve the content, functionality and usability of our websites
· for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes
· personal information, including health information which is provided to Cochlear or which Cochlear receives through any of our services that allow you to publish or share information publicly with others (known as Cochlear Product Forums) may be displayed or publically shared on Cochlear websites. Remember that when you share information online, it may be indexable and accessible by search engines, including Google. Statements published on Cochlear Product Forums are deemed to be the personal opinions of the writers and do not necessarily represent Cochlear's opinion. Any information posted by you that we obtain from public forums (including social media services), which relate to your opinion of Cochlear or your use or opinion of CochlearTM products or services is deemed to be obtained with your consent
· your information may also be provided to service providers located outside of Australia who store and process data under Cochlear's control and supervision, and the locations of their servers may change from time to time. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide services on our behalf
· data provided by you to support your job application is used for the purpose of managing our recruitment process. We may keep a record of your application in order to contact you about future job opportunities and send you emails about job opportunities with Cochlear. You can manage your applicant profile and update your personal information at any time
HOW DOES COCHLEAR DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
· We disclose personal information to regulators or law enforcement agencies who request it (if we are satisfied it is appropriate to do so), or if we think it appropriate in order to protect our customers or our business
· In accordance with applicable national laws, we may disclose personal information, including health information, to a CochlearTM product user's parent, guardian or care giver (as applicable), clinic or hospital at which treatment is received, surgeon, audiologist, doctor, health insurer and other health service providers, an authorised external Cochlear representative (such as a Cochlear distributor) as well as government regulators
· We may share your personal information with authorised third party Cochlear distributors or healthcare providers to assess your suitability for our products, to help you assess problems with our products, or for other reasons related to treatment, healthcare operations, or payment, or to enable your healthcare provider or Cochlear distributor to promote Cochlear products and services to you
If you are a healthcare professional, in addition to the information and disclosures referred to above, we collect and use personal information about you (for example your name and contact details) so that we can inform the relevant individuals or organisations involved in the Cochlear product user's care or service that you are their healthcare professional.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We gather information about our website through "cookies" and similar technologies.
Cookies are an element of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your system. You may be able to set your browser to refuse a cookie or to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, and by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We automatically track certain information such as your domain name and IP address, your browser version, your operating system, the type of tablet or smartphone you are using to access our website, the URL you came from, the pages you visit within a website, and whether you return to the website. We use this information to monitor website performance, utilisation of features and services, traffic and demographic trends, and browser versions, to improve our websites and services and tailor them to your interests.
The above information is anonymous, unless you choose to provide Cochlear with your contact details on the website, in which case we will use this data to create a profile of you to help us understand what information you might be interested in receiving from Cochlear.
NOTICE TO NON-AUSTRALIAN USERS
If you choose to provide us with personal information (including health information), you understand and consent to the transfer of your information to Cochlear's locations and systems in Australia or to the locations and systems of Cochlear's service providers around the world.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Cochlear is not responsible or liable for, and does not endorse, the data privacy practices or the content of any other linked sites.
Cochlear Group has put in place safeguards to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Whilst we endeavour to take all appropriate measures, Cochlear Group cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent online. Please bear this in mind when providing personal information online to Cochlear.
Cochlear recognises the need to adequately protect the privacy of all of its customers, especially the privacy of children. Cochlear's websites are not intended for children. Cochlear does not target its websites to children. Cochlear does not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent.
ACCESSING, UPDATING OR CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask us whether we hold personal information relating to you and, subject to certain exceptions, request a copy of it. Examples of such exceptions are if this would have an unreasonable impact on other people's privacy, or if it would interfere with an investigation of unlawful activity or regulatory functions. See "Contact Us" below. In accordance with applicable national laws, a fee may be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We may need to flag your records with a suitable explanation rather than changing or deleting the information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with personal information or correcting/adding notes to our records. You can also revoke (at any time and free of charge) your consent(s) to us to send you information about, products, services, news and/or events. You can also inform us at any time if you prefer not to participate in market research surveys. See "Contact Us" below.
To assist us in keeping our records up to date, please notify us of any change in your contact details or preferences in the information you want to receive.
For information about privacy in the Americas, please access the United States & Canada website from the list of country websites on www.cochlear.com or contact: Privacy Officer, Cochlear Americas, 13059 E. Peakview Avenue Centennial, CO 80111 US. Phone: +1 303 790 9010
The Cochlear international website and Cochlear Asia Pacific websites are not intended for users in EMEA or the Americas. If you are from EMEA or the Americas, please visit your local country website.