To apply an applicant for a position, please read the following terms and conditions:
To submit a candidate for one of the vacancies on the MinterEllison Careers web site, your organisation must agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The candidate you are submitting has been interviewed by your organisation.
2. The candidate you are submitting has been briefed on the vacancy they are being submitted for.
3. The candidate you are submitting has given your organisation permission to represent them for this vacancy.
4. Your organisation is compliant with all relevant Privacy and Anti-Discrimination legislation.
5. Your organisation will not submit candidates for any vacancies described as "Expressions of Interest" or marked as "applications from agencies will not be considered at this time", unless you have express authorisation from the relevant resourcing consultant to do so.
6. Your organisation accepts that MinterEllison will not pay any fee to you if the candidate you are submitting has already been provided to us previously from another source.
7. The candidate has been provided with a copy of the below Privacy Statement:
The following statement is important and should be read carefully.
This statement summarises how MinterEllison collects, uses and manages personal information when carrying out recruitment activities. It also outlines the existence of various pre-employment steps that MinterEllison conducts to assess applications.
MinterEllison collects personal information from you in order to assess your suitability for current or future employment opportunities with our organisation. Your details will be stored in our database of candidates where they may be accessed in the future to determine if your qualifications, skills or experience match a potential vacancy.
MinterEllison may collect your personal information from your on-line application, as well as from interviews conducted in person and through multi-media such as video/audio interviews.
MinterEllison also carries out a number of pre-employment checks as part of our recruitment process. These checks may include some or all of the following:
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Employment history verification;
- Police criminal records;
- Membership of professional associations;
- Entitlement to work;
- Identity check;
- ASIC search;
- Bankrupcy; and
- Media searches
The information produced by these checks may lead us to discontinue your application for a current or future employment vacancy.
If you do not provide all of the personal information that we request then we may be unable to communicate with you, process your application or offer you employment.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- other members of the MinterEllison Legal Group;
- referees nominated by you or your former employers
- other companies or individuals who assist Minter Ellison in providing services or who perform functions on its behalf, such as data hosting, data processing; software providers and recruitment agencies;
- anyone else to whom you authorise Minter Ellison to disclose it;
- anyone else where authorised by law.
These parties may be located overseas including our overseas offices, and third party providers located in countries including the United States, Europe, and India.
Access and update your personal information
We take measures to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access. It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep your login details secure to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
Data retention and removal
Subject to meeting regulatory and professional obligations, we will generally keep the personal information of prospective employees for up to six years from the time the personal information was last provided or updated. However, you may remove your personal information from our database at any time by closing your account, or by instructing us to remove it.
About us and our contact details
"MinterEllison" means MinterEllison Organisations. "MinterEllison Organisations" means MinterEllison's offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Beijing and Shanghai; MinterEllison's limited liability partnership in Ulaanbaatar; the partnerships licensed to use the MinterEllison name which include the offices in London and Hong Kong and the MinterEllison Consulting (a partnership which provides taxation advice and related services together with management services).
The "MinterEllison Legal Group" means each MinterEllison Organisation, the partnerships known as MinterEllison - Gold Coast, and Minter Ellison Rudd Watts in Auckland and Wellington.
If you have any questions about privacy related issues, please contact MinterEllison's Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).