AMP is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains the personal information that we process, how we process it, and the purpose for processing it during the recruitment process.
In this document, “we”, “us”, “our”, “AMP” and “AMP Group” refers to AMP Limited and its related companies, and for the avoidance of any doubt, includes AMP Services Limited, AMP Bank Limited, AMP Capital Investors Limited, AMP Capital Investors Office & Industrial Pty Limited, AMP Capital Shopping Centres Pty Limited, Hillross, ipac securities limited, AMP Life Services Pty Ltd and The National Mutual Life Association of Australasia Limited (NMLA) entities.
AMP Careers website and your privacy
AMP’s career website is provided and maintained by PageUp under an agreement with AMP. The agreement requires PageUp to facilitate applications for employment at AMP. This means PageUp collects your personal information through this website and shares that information with us. We then use that information to consider the applicants suitability for employment or engagement with us.
Personal information we collect
The types of information that we collect and hold about you may include (but is not limited to):
- identification and contact details such as your name, postal or email address, telephone numbers and date of birth
- other contact details such as social media handles/usernames you use on recruitment websites
- resume and other correspondence
- education, qualifications, professional experience, entitlement to work
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information:
- when you communicate with us at any time duing the recruitment process
- when you update your profile via the PageUp website
- via an applicant's referees nominated by the applicant for this purpose
- if an application is made through, or on referral by, a recruitment agency, from that agency; and
- when it is obtained from employment marketplaces or employment oriented social networking services such as LinkedIn.
If your personal information is not provided
If we do not obtain the information we seek from you:
- we may not be able to process the application (if you are an applicant or a referee)
- we may not be able to let you know of new career opportunities (if you are a prospective candidate).
How we use personal information
AMP uses personal information for the primary purposes of assessing an applicant’s suitability for employment with us, and for communicating with the applicant during the recruitment process. In the event that an applicant is offered, and accepts, employment with AMP, this personal information will form part of that applicant’s employee records.
AMP also uses personal information for secondary purposes:
- complying with any applicable legal and regulatory obligations;
- monitoring and reviewing our recruitment practices;
- in the event that an application is unsuccessful, unless we are asked not to retain their details, considering the applicant’s suitability for alternative employment opportunities with us which may arise in the future.
- informing employees and/or contractors about the products and services offered by us.
Sharing your information
We will not share your personal information with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you and employment background check providers to obtain the necessary background checks.
Cross border disclosure of personal information
Depending on the country in which you are located, we may need to share your data with your referees if they are located in another country, or with background check providers who could be located in another country. All service providers we use must have privacy and data protection measures in place to secure any personal data we disclose to them.
Your privacy on the internet
AMP and PageUp take care to ensure that any personal information you give us on the internet through the AMP Careers website is protected and secure.
You should keep any passwords or access codes that you have confidential. They are used to control your access to your PageUp profile and are important in helping us to maintain the security of your personal information and the integrity of the site.
Security of personal information
We take the security of your information seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees where necessary for the performance of their roles.
Access to and changing your personal information
You are encouraged to help us keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by updating your PageUp profile.
If you are a referee, or do not go on to have an employment relationship with AMP, you may access your personal information held by us.
In most cases you should be able to access your personal information via the PageUp website. You can also email AMPCareers@amp.com.au if you need assistance.
For access to personal information not held on the PageUp website - under Australian Privacy Law you have the right to access such information, unless there are grounds for refusal, if this happens we will let you know why. AMP will acknowledge your request within five days and respond promptly to it. Where appropriate, a fee may be charged and advised in advance to cover the time we spend locating, compiling and explaining the information you ask for.
Should you wish to delete your PageUp profile, please email AMPCareers@amp.com.au.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal information, please contact us:
If you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed in the first instance, or that it is taking too long to resolve, you can escalate your concerns to the AMP Privacy Officer:
Alternatively you can contact an external body:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner - call 1300 363 992 or find them online at https://oaic.gov.au/
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing. Most complaints are able to be resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.