To apply an applicant for a position, please read the following Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions:
IMPORTANT: For applicants located in non-EEA locations, please do not submit the applicant's information if you do not have the applicant's explicit consent for the applicant's information to be dealt with in the ways described in this notice.
Confirmation in relation to applicant submission
By submitting an applicant's personal information, including application data and contact details ('applicant's information') to the Macquarie Group of Companies ('Macquarie') on behalf of your organisation, you agree and confirm that:
- For applicants located in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), you:
- have provided the applicant with a fair processing notice in a form compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) before providing any of the applicant’s personal data to Macquarie;
- will collect, use and process the applicant’s data in a manner that is compliant with the GDPR; and
- you have made the applicant expressly aware:
- that the applicant has a right to access the applicant’s personal data which is processed by Macquarie and to request the correction and/or erasure of that data;
- of the purposes for which such data was collected and is processed;
- that the application process will involve the collection, processing and the disclosure of the applicant’s personal data to Macquarie; and
- that the applicant can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if the applicant has concerns about the manner in which the applicant’s personal data has been processed or used.
For applicants located in non-EEA locations, you have obtained explicit consent from the applicant allowing Macquarie to use the applicant's information for the administration of the recruitment process and, where applicable, the applicant’s employment/engagement with Macquarie, or where Macquarie has a legitimate interest in processing the data. For example, this could be for the following purposes:
- to assess and administer the applicant's application for employment/engagement in accordance with Macquarie's recruitment and administrative practices (including conducting psychometric assessment and reference checks);
- to communicate with the applicant in relation to the application or other suitable roles within Macquarie;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations;
- for internal reporting; and
- to monitor and review Macquarie's recruitment practices.
In carrying out the above activities, the applicant's information may be controlled and processed by any of Macquarie's officers, affiliates, agents, service providers and contractors worldwide, including cloud based. Where it is necessary for the applicant’s information to be transferred to other jurisdictions, Macquarie will take reasonable steps to protect the applicant’s information against misuse or loss and will comply with local law (where relevant) in respect of the transfer.
If the applicant's application is unsuccessful, Macquarie may retain the applicant's information on file for up to 3 years, to the extent permitted by local law, and may contact the applicant if another suitable role arises. Macquarie will make best efforts to either delete, anonymise or put the applicant’s information ‘beyond use’ after 3 years, to the extent permitted by local law. If the applicant is located in a non-EEA location, please contact Macquarie if you have not obtained the applicant's explicit consent for Macquarie to retain the applicant's information on file. If the applicant's application is successful, Macquarie will retain the information as part of the applicant's employment records, subject always to any local law requirements.
Please note that while Macquarie may not be able to accept or process the applicant's application for employment/engagement if the applicant information is not supplied, however, the applicant is not required by law to provide you with the relevant consents to submit this information.
The applicant may request access to the applicant's data, the correction of any incorrect information and in certain locations, including in the EEA, and circumstances the deletion of information, at any time by contacting Macquarie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of submission
Please note that in Australia and New Zealand, only agencies on Macquarie preferred recruitment supplier list are able to submit applicant’s for consideration by Macquarie.
By submitting an applicant's application with Macquarie on behalf of your organisation, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Macquarie does not accept any terms and conditions proposed by your organisation;
- the applicant has been interviewed by your organisation and has given express permission for you to represent them in relation to this position;
- the applicant has been briefed on the role by your organisation and provided with a thorough and realistic understanding of the position;
- your organisation is complying with all requirements set out in this declaration, including but not limited to those terms relating to data privacy;
- your organisation is complying with all legislative and regulatory requirements (including, but not limited to, data privacy and anti-discrimination legislation and regulations);
- you will not include in any advertisement any salary level for the vacant role (whether indicated or as a general range);
- for applications for roles in Australia and New Zealand, you have a current recruitment agreement in place with Macquarie for the role for which you are submitting this applicant, on Macquarie's standard recruitment terms including but not limited to those relating to fees, guarantee periods and prohibitions on head hunting; and
- for applications for roles in other regions, unless you have a current recruitment agreement in place, you accept Macquarie's standard recruitment terms including but not limited to those relating to fees, guarantee periods and prohibitions on head hunting. Please contact Macquarie Careers +61 2 8237 0123 or email email@example.com for further information on these terms.
To the extent that these terms and conditions of submission are inconsistent with the signed recruitment agreement between your agency and Macquarie in relation to the role for which you are submitting this applicant, the terms of the signed recruitment agreement will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
By making this submission, do you agree and confirm that you have complied with and will continue to comply with the obligations set out in these terms and conditions?